A Different Way to Look at The 23rd Psalm
This may be an eye opener; perhaps many have never looked at this psalm in this way, though they say it over and over again.
- The Lord is my Shepherd – that’s relationship!
- I shall not want – that’s supply!
- He maketh me lie down in green pastures – that’s rest!
- He leadeth me beside the still waters – that’s refreshment!
- He restoreth my soul – that’s healing!
- He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness – that’s guidance!
- For His name’s sake – that’s purpose!
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death – that’s testing!
- I will fear no evil – that’s protection!
- For Thou art with me – that’s faithfulness!
- Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me – that’s discipline!
- Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies – that’s hope!
- Thou annointest my head with oil – that’s consecration!
- My cup runneth over – that’s abundance!
- Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life – that’s blessing!
- And I will dwell in the house of the Lord – that’s security!
- Forever – that’s eternity!
– The Fishwrapper